Tuesday, September 4, 2012

What to wear in a photography session

I get asked this question a lot....There is much written about this subject online, so I won't bore you with a long post.  This is my opinion followed by some fun visual inspiration I found on PINTEREST.
  • I recommend complementing outfits over matching.
  • Avoid wording in t-shirts, busy prints, as well as cartoon characters.
  • Something you're comfortable wearing, yet still reflecting your style and personality.
  • Accessories are fun!
  • No gum.

More advice:

Your session is likely to last  between 1-2 hours.   If you have young children, it's nice to have drinks & snacks on hand.  A favorite toy or book can make a huge difference!  Sometimes breaks during the shoot is necessary.  It's my goal to help everyone feel comfortable and capture your family in the best light possible.

Some people are naturally more comfortable with the camera, than others. Everyone feels a degree of nervousness, including the photographer.    Don't worry about being perfect, or having perfectly still children. They won't be.   In fact, I absolutely encourage you to interact with your family. Some of best shots are not posed.

Do communicate your ideas to the photographer, before and during your session! 

I loved these inspiration pins!






 







































No comments:

Post a Comment